In the ancient Chinese art of placement, there are certain objects that are used to enhance the flow of positive energy. These objects are called Feng Shui cures and can be placed at different places like your home, offices etc. for best results. Feng-Shui advocates and propagates the use of Bamboo stalks both at home and in offices.
Bamboo plants are believed to bring good luck and protect the inmates of the house against the evil powers. Stalks of bamboo, popularly known as Lucky Bamboo is suitable for household or office use. Growth and health of this plant is associated with good luck and wealth. Different arrangements of the stalks of this plant represent different properties. E.g. 3 stalks signify happiness, 5 stalks signify good health and so on.
Symbolism of Lucky Bamboo
Bamboo has long been the Chinese symbol for strength. Many admire the bamboo's qualities of fast-growth and resilience. In Chinese, lucky bamboo is known as Fu Gwey Zhu.
- Fu: Luck and fortune
- Gwey: Power and honor
- Zhu: Bamboo
Feng Shui Elements of Lucky Bamboo
The lucky bamboo is to be placed such that the five elements of nature come together. So how are the five elements of nature incorporated in the bamboo stalks? Bamboo represents wood and the fire is denoted by the red ribbon tied to the bamboo stalk. So wood and fire represent the perfect balance wherever it is placed.
- Earth is represented by the stones or pebbles in the container.
- The wood is represented by the bamboo stalk itself.
- Water is represented by the water in the container.
- Fire is represented usually by something like a red ribbon tied around it.
- Metal is represented by the coins placed inside the container.
Number of Stalks and Their Meaning
But when placing a bamboo, care is to be taken about the direction and count of stalks to get the maximum benefit.
- Two stalks represent love and it is considered to bring luck to the couple.
- Three represents happiness and longevity. The plant of three bamboo stalks is one of the most favorite number combinations to have in your home. It brings three kinds of luck to you: Happiness: Fu, Long Life: Soh and Wealth: Lu (Career promotions)
- Five is for health and wealth. With the number five, there's one stalk for every area of your life that can bring you wealth. The overall energy attracted to a five bamboo stalk plant is one of health, which is needed to benefit from any of the five areas of your life. You'll want to have a healthy career, healthy relationships, and more. The five stalk bamboo reinforces each of the five areas of your life that can influence the level of wealth for each area: Emotional, Intuitive, Mental, Physical and Spiritual.
- Six represents good luck and harmony.
- Seven is for good health for the entire family.
- Eight stalks are for overall growth both personally and professionally.
- Nine numbers is for luck.
- Ten is the number for feeling of contentment and perfection.
- Twenty-one stalks represent a powerful blessing.
More Stalks Means More Blessing
The arrangement of 2 layer, 3 layer, 4 layer, 5 layer, or any other bamboo is well taken care of as per Feng shui. Much of the luck that is associated with bamboo comes from the number of stalks bunched together or woven together into an arrangement. The number of stalks determines the kinds of energy the plant attracts into your home and life. Always remember, the more stalks in the planter, the greater the blessing of good fortune and luck.
Say No to 4 Stalk Arrangement
Lucky bamboo plants are never arranged in four stalks. In Chinese, the word four is close to the word for death, so a gift of four bamboo stalks would be considered very rude, as if you had wished death on the recipient!
Lucky Bamboo Vs. Bamboo
Know that this ‘lucky bamboo’ is different from the regular and common bamboo plant. Lucky bamboo is not the kind of bamboo you're accustomed to seeing. This variety is smaller and related to the dracaena species. These cute little arrangements in their exotic containers are stalks of Dracaena sanderiana, a plant native to the equatorial West African region. So, why is it called the "lucky bamboo"? Most likely, because cuttings of the Dracaena look like the bamboo and the Chinese have for centuries associated the bamboo with good fortune, fortitude, and resilience.
Placement of Lucky Bamboo
You can use lucky bamboo to help you achieve harmony in your home. Use the meanings for the number of stalks to ensure you select the best plant for your need. Never place plants in a bedroom, even if it's a lucky bamboo. This creates too much yang energy and will have an inauspicious effect. One of the best locations to place a lucky bamboo plant is in the east or south sector of your home or office. Place the bamboo in lucky direction in the eastern section of your home or desk, which represents family in Feng Shui. If you want to invite wealth into your life, place the plant in the wealth area of your home, located in the Southeast, to activate that energy.
So why Lucky Bamboo is considered lucky in Feng Shui? Bamboo in itself is a wonderful plant with a very peaceful and wise energy. It teaches the ultimate wisdom: how to be flexible and hollow (open) on the inside, so that the spirit can freely flow and heal your Being. A gift of lucky bamboo symbolizes the wish for a strong life filled with prosperity. The lucky receiver of lucky bamboo receives both a beautiful houseplant and a blessing of good luck.
For Care Tips Visit: http://www.rollingnature.com/-feng-shui-lucky-bamboo-care-tips